Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2nd Letter

¡¡¡ HOLA FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!! 

 Can you all believe it that 2012 is here and I am in THE BEST MISSION IN THE WORLD!!! Woohoo!!  I get to spend 12 months in the greatest mission in Chile ANTOFAGASTA and i´m so excited to be here!! I hope that you all had a wonderful New Years Party!! I'm glad to hear you did the traditional pots and pans. Here they pack up bags or suitcase of things and run around the house to say good bye to their old life. So as we were on the balcony looking at the fireworks ah family ran pass us yelling " Feliz Año"!! how cute!!  The whole day we say "hola feliz año" and they said no not yet, cause a apparently its bad luck to say feliz año  on the 31st.. The streets were full of people on 31 but all the stores were closing and same with the next day . Central was like a ghost town!!!  This week has been a long week, however a very good week. We had a lot of lessons with investigators and menos activos  making 22 lessons!]!! finally ah!! but are struggling on getting them all to come to Church. I'm blaming this week on new years and that everyone was gone on vacation since its summer here. Which by the ways its been like 98 to 100 degree here!! ah Im melting!!  Its better then being cold.
   um so for 31 we got sucked into having a little lunch with hna Maria Araya. She a cute grandma in our ward that is living alone. So we went to visit her at 5 pm shared a lesson,sang two songs, had some juice and cookies and said a closing prayer. This would mean were ready to leave right? nope not this grandma, she ask if we want tea, my comp nice and says yes. I'm thinking its 96 degrees outside. Hna Maria then says here have some salad will you wait and then fries up some fish. hahaha this grandma is sneaky!! We then leave there at 7 to head to the bishops house to have empanadas with his wife and family. When we get there hna. Sissi is cooking chicken and rice. So what do missionaries do? eat again !! yep! Luckily they were small meals and not the normal almueroz size or I would've died. yep hna Burnett is getting a little chubby this sucks.!!! Luckily one of my New Years goals is to eat only one pan a day and to lose this holiday weight.
  I have enjoyed reading the  new testament (which is a goal by our president) i have learned a lot of great things about the Lord, his life and the wonderful characteristics he has. I have also really enjoyed reading the "Daughters in my Kingdom" the new RS book.  I have  found tons of uplifting stories that I am able to apply to my life here in the mission and for my future. I also have  found great things to share with our hermanas in the ward but didn't know how to translated it all and was really wanting the book in spanish.  So yesterday during RS what happens, the president hands out the books to all the hermanas and US!!! Yay!! I was so happy and surprised to see my prayer answered so fast!! I can{t wait to us this book in our lessons!! I love the work and am so excited to spend a the whole  year 2012 in the mission.  I'm learning to love my companion more and myself, thanks to the Lord !! Im excited for  cambios this week , I found out Tuesday night if I'm staying or leaving this area. I'm hoping for a new fun Latin comp so i can get better with the language. I love you all and hope that you all start this year with the goal to read the whole Book of Mormon!!! I know that as we do this as a family we will receive many blessing for our family!! Thanks for sending my cards mom!! I hope you are having a great time with Shalise!! Tell here hi. Congrats on your new calling mom! I know you will do great and that the other sisters will learn a lot from you!! take care!! oh and I want  3 emails from each of my brothers sometime this year okay!!!

Te amo,
su misionera Hermana Burnett

p.s. we have had 3 earthquakes and they are pretty strong . It's weird!


No comments:

Post a Comment