Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16th Letter

Hola Familia!
 Como estan?  Time has been flying by really fast here and I guess in the Philippines because Sister Gallagher is close to coming home!! How neat is that !! Oh and my little bro Bryon is off to the MTC how neat!! This gospel is so wonderful and full of blessings and surprises everywhere. 
    I am doing great here in my new sector Maray, its a pretty big size and very very hot!!  Yeah being a missionary during summer is no fun!! Thank goodness for shade and lots lots of wind. My Spanish is starting to click more thanks to my great Argentina comp I love understanding a lot more people !!!
 So we  had the privilege to go back to my old sector that they closed and visit our investigator Roberto. And he went to church and has been reading the BOM still and is waiting for baptism. He had to get married or change house and with in the same week he was able to find a new place to rent a room of a house with other single members and get a better job that is closer and pays more. !!!  I was so excited to hear this !! The Lord truly answers our prayers when we do our part and anything with God is possible!! So now he preparing with the elders to get baptized this weekend!! yay!!!  We had a lot of visits with our less active this week and  with  some of the members you  could see the pain and sorrow in their eyes. Its so sad that they fall away specially after recent baptisms of 1 year or less. They have this great gift of the Holy ghost with them and because they don't assist church they loose the strength of it .  We were able to get one little girl of 11yrs to come to church she has a nose piercing and wants more because  she doesn't have good friends. I think we can get her to change though and be involved again with time and lots of love. I challenge you all to do your visiting and home teaching and always be a friend to everyone. People fall away because they lack confidence and friends which I know you each can be a best friend to someone new.  Assist church every week and renew your covenants with the Lord and he will he bless you abundantly.

Ciudese mucho
Hna. Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment