Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9th Letter

Hola Familia!

Can you believe that we have already completed the first week of
2012!! crazy!!! So our roommates hermanas received a phone call Monday
and it was the assistants calling about transfers.... We then received
a phone call 30 minutes later which seemed like FOREVER!!!  So .... I
get to start my new 2012 journal with... my FIRST LATIN companion!!!
and .... in a NEW AREA!!! That's right!! Hermana Burnett is changing
cities for the FOURTH TIME !!! Watch out here I come the other side of
Copiapo!! The area I am in is called Maray( ma rye) with my new
companion Hna. Fernandez  is from Argentina and she DOESN'T  know ANY
English... Yep Im finally hitting the ground of total espaƱol baby!!
woohoo!!
 Hna. Fernandez has 16 months in the mission and I am her second
gringa comp.  So yeah we are going to be learning a lot about each
others culture. It has been really good so far. she a really good
teacher and always making noises to explain things.. Pres. Bruce told
me that he paired me with her to give her confidence because she
lacks. I said: oh no not again. But he told her: Burnett good shell
try taking leadership and is determined . She told him :yeah I can
tell. hahaha  hopefully its a good thing.  haha
  I'm doing good in  our new area its  HUGE!!!  It  has the Las Tomas
again which are the houses that are really poor and made out of
whatever . We have a hill, and most of our people live up there. So
hopefully I will get skinny. hahah. We have two investigators that are
going to get baptized this week a mother and daughter ,  I'm excited
for this. Our Bishop is  the son in law of my great Campos family from
my old ward !! He is great and young and has this big vision for the
ward and is calling a mission leader and then four other people to
help with the different type of investigators and menos activos!!!

We went and visit a less active husband of a member. In their yard
they had 4 little dogs and then we go inside and they have 12 CATS!!!
YES 12 cats.... ah it was horrible they were everywhere and all black
and White. I felt like I was in the movie 101 Dalmatians. ah I have no
idea how someone can have that many cats!!! ah!!!
Tell Bryon that I am sooooo very proud of him ¡!! I m glad to hear he
had the same reaction as me.. hahah  Brothers… Roland ,Dallen and
Hayden.. We need to talk!! You all need to start going to church with
those great church clothes you have and receive the tons of blessings
that are waiting for you in the heavens.. God  blesses people more
when they  keep their covenants and the commandments .. And why
haven't any of you written me… jerks jk… love you but want to hear
whats up…

This is all for now!!  I LOVE YOU ALL and am grateful for all your
prayers.. Lets start Reading the Book of Mormon together!! Right!!!

P.s. Lider ( walmart)  was full so I'm sitting in this very hot
internet place writing  on this dumb Little stool, with ants crawling
all over the desk. I'm glad they aren't the mean ones..
P.S.S.umm so my hair is turning red!!! yeah so everyone things I'm
Latin because all Latins want light colored hair, well until i speak
broken Spanish.. hahaha I'm so gringa.

No comments:

Post a Comment