Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grandma Peggy

My cousin Cyera and Me

Cyera, Me, and Grandma

The other day my cute Grandma Peggy called me up and  invited me to dinner with her and my cousin Cyera. So I met my Grandma and Cyera over in Pasadena and talked about all that she has been up to and all the details about my cousins.  For anyone who hasn't my Grandma Peggy let me fill you in. She is technically my dad's step-mother  who raised him and his sisters at pretty young age. So I've only known her to be my grandma, anyways, her birth name is Margaret, she is around 5'0" I would say (maybe smaller), she has a different color of hair every time I see her, was in the marines, is a retired nurse, a photographer, has literally traveled the world, mother of 6, grandmother of 12, and great grandmother of 6.  Because she has traveled almost everywhere she loves to bring back gifts of all sort. This time she brought me-
  • Bracelets from Kenya
  • Bracelets from Ghana made from soda caps
  • Bracelets from Ghana made from leaves
  • Necklace from Iceland
  • Magnet from Nowhere,Wyoming
  • Pretty Lady mints from Wyoming
  • Cup coaster from Rockhoppers, Falkland Island
  • Cup coaster from Holland
  • T-shirt with PENNSYLVANIA across the chest
  • T-shirt with Be Aware with breast cancer symbol
  • Wisconsin hoodie sweatshirt
  • Love t-shirt from University of Kansas
  • Coffee post its
  • Tela Burnett letterhead paper
  • Crayola pad and crayons
  • Green water bottle
Pretty GREAT GRANDMA, huh!! I love her tons and I'm so thankful she in my life. She was gone this whole year traveling so I wasn't able to see her that much. So I am so glad that she will be in California for a few months so I can visit her!! 

1 comment: