Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5th Letter

Birthday cake with Hna Lindner


Woleska´s baptism 12/3/2011
Hola  Familia,

   Mom I got my package and I'm so excited to open it!! I gave it to Hna Low to hide so I couldn't peek inside.
  Ah Copyapu has been really hard its been a big adjustment but I have had much patience and trust in the Lord. This Thurs We had a meeting with Elder San Martin who is our  (Zone Leader)  just my comp and I about what our difficulties are.  He asked and I wanted to say everything is difficult right now : my comp, the language, the new area, new ward. But I didn't I shared the area has been hard. He then shared a scripture and gave me hope for overcoming my difficulties which was perfect for me. He then asked my comp for her´s which has been confidence in Spanish and as he was directing her difficulty I was learned something too. I learned a lot about how to become more humble and to be more outward focus.  It was a perfect meeting all my difficulties were truly answered and it was because the Lord was waiting for this moment and to see if I would trust him  . I am so grateful I did or I would have made my companionship harder then it needed to be.
  This weekend we were able to baptize Woleska who is a young mother. I had only known her for 2 weeks but hna Viña says she has changed a lot  these  last 2 weeks , which I believe its cause she need us two  hermanas. We don't have a lot of investigators right now but have a lot of less actives which has been great. Its amazing how they become in active for years and forget how to pray or who is Joseph Smith.  Seeing all this people fall away has made my testimony of Home and Visiting Teaching more strong. We as members need to do all we can to be involved with everyone in the ward always . We always need to be a friend and praying for those in our ward. As we do this, the less actives will feel Christ love through us and have the desire to return.
  Remember the saying from the conference ¨WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER¨¨  We are only has strong as our weakest member. Take a stand today to serve the Lord more, especially with the Christmas right around the corner. Start today to make a difference in someones live, to make someones day.

 I love you all and can´t wait to hear from you in 20 days, no worries I'm not counting :)

p.s. Bro Patton became the bishop in ridge
p.s. mom are you forwarding these to Susan  and Brother Patton? if not, will you please

Con amor
hna burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment