Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28th Letter

Goodbye party for Elder Brown

Hermanas of the mission

My mamita and papa Mono in Iquqiue and their family

Hna. Irene, Roberto, Yantamti, Analis
Hola Familia y Amigos,

Ah what a wonderful BIRTHDAY SURPRISE to open my email and see all the wonderful birthday wishes!!! Thank you all so much I don't think I have cried so hard before during emails :) Ah this week was really hard for me I had to leave Iquique and I really truly loved it there.. Especially my comp and my Family that served lunch to us everyday. They  became my family here and made my days always better. Anyways I am here in Copiapo, Copayupa  now I arrived here Tuesday at 11 am after a very long hot bus drive... My comp is Hna Vineyard from Ohio, she actually lived in LA area for awhile and went to one of the Northridge dances that I helped with. small world huh!! We live in a 3 bed ,1 bath apartment with two sisters hna Low( from the MTc) and hna Quintantilla from El Salvador. Its fun every once in a while but hard to stay focus.. For thanksgiving I headed to the doctor and got medicine for this dumb head cold cause it wasn't going away. So we took Thursday off to getter better and it worked for the most part, isn't sleep amazing. We didn't have to many lessons this week which was weird for me but oh well we did what we could.. The ward here is great  it has a pretty good mixture of different ages. We have one  investigator named Veleska, she preparing to get baptized this week.. This is way exciting cause she needs the gospel in her life.  Um the ward is great and throwing a baby shower for her on Tues .. That's whats so great about this gospel we are so organized and on top of always helping our members and non- members!!! The high light for me this week was this adorable little inactive girl name Thiare. We went to visit her and her brothers but only found her . So we shared a scripture and asked if she would come to church on Sunday and she said yes. As we leaving the house I had her on my mind the whole time, we went and got Veleska and then head to church and as I was greeting people I kept feeling I needed to run to her house and get her, but of course its not that easy as a missionary with investigators. After sacrament was passed , my comp get up and leaves. I'm a little confused but stay seated cause I can see her. I then watch her bring in Thiare. Ah I was so happy. During RS one of our counselors shared¨I saw this girl in the foyer and asked her if she wanted to come in¨she said¨yes and no¨he asked why ¨she said ¨i´m a little sick, but i  promised the hermanas I would come¨I don't know where they are though¨he asked what hermanas?¨¨ she said the misioneras¨¨ .. That's when he grabbed my comp.
 Ah how amazing is the young daughter of God to be a little sick and only 11 years old to come to church all alone because she made a promise and wasn't going to break it.!!
 This girl is my hero!! I challenge you all to start making and keeping the promises you have made to The Lord and to yourself. Attend church, read your scriptures, pray daily twice or more, attend activities. And I can promise the Lord will bless you all even more then he is right now..!!

Love hna Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment