Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 6th Letter

Hola familia!!!

Como le va? I'm doing great here and miss you all tons!! This week we had two great devotionals on Charity and Faith. I learned so much from the charity one by  Bro. Swensen, he told us it is so important to have charity the whole time of our mission and that if i ask for charity then I will receive it . Another quote he gave was  " God focus  his love on every little thing we do because it matters to us, so it matters to him" how true is that. Its the same concept of you mom and dad loving every little accomplish that I have had in my life.  Bro. Swensen also mentioned that " There is no limit on God's love, therefore there should be no limit on our love" how neat and forward it that quote. The last quote that I enjoyed from him states" Charity is a commandment" "Don't hold back love, you can NEVER run out of LOVE.!! This speaker was really good. The speaker on Tuesday was  Elder Lund which both of these our retired seventies.  Elder Lund talked about faith and how its a process not an event . He showed pictures and shared with us how we all have different types of gates blocking our hearts and as missionaries we will run into all these different investigators with their hearts blocked. We need to have faith that we can get them to open their hearts unto us or even allow us just to be their friend. As missionaries we are heart surgeons and we need to learn how to soften people's heart. Which I believe us Hermanas can do better :)
So every Sunday we have to prepare a 3-5 min talk and this week I did just like I have been, except for this week I didn't feel really confident in it. However my Branch President Larson didn't agree he decided to call three speakers this week which is one more then usual and I happened to be the bonus speaker. Yeah me and speaking in sacrament still is no good. My farewell is the only talk in which i was confident and not shaking the whole time. Anyways I got and did the best I could and spoke about the Espiritu Santo and how it has blessed my life.  That evening I got all the Battlecreek missionaries and took pictures so i will be sending that home soon. So this Monday my vball district left to Mexico which is super sad and our oldest district is leaving this Monday which is sad also because I have become close  friends with them all. :( We had a little district family home evening playing this game called signs with BOM heroes which was fun and relaxing. We moved Tuesday morning down to the second floor and it was a lot easier this time cause Hermana Low went and asked some elders to help, so when I opened the door I saw 10 elders waiting to help which was super nice. The elders here a funny 19 years old guys but can be such gentlemen so many of them run to open the doors for us or stick their arm out and wait for us even if were still far behind them.   I went to the dentist  because my gum was purple and I was worried it was bad but he said food probably just got  in the cut and started to react to it.  Um I received a nice package from the pattons full of cookies and brownies and then you mom and  my whole district was so jealous. Mail here is a contest daily we all get jealous when some get a package. Mom I need grandpa berry  and lisa's address and check my account I used my credit card for something and did you here about my shoes?

Love you all thanks for the emails and letters

Con amor

Hermana Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment