Friday, August 19, 2011

August 19th Letter

Hola familia,

So to start my p-day off I got something in my eye  last night after washing my face and my  eye was still red in the morning so i headed to the doctor and she couldnt get the thing out so we got to leave the mtc to the outside world and visit a doctor who told me that my cornea is scratch . He gave me some medicine to stop me from blinking but after a while it was making it worse so now I am wearing an eye patch. Yep I look like a real pirate, so hopefully it will be better by the 29 which is the day we head to the airport!! we leave here at 6 our flight is at 9:40am to LAX and then to Santiago  we arrive at 6:35 am and then another flight to Antofagasta. Yep a way long flight. Luckily our whole district is on the same flight. :)  Um so something new for this week is we got to host on Weds. and welcomed alll the new Sister missionaries it was super nice cause we got out of class and the same old routine.  Our district has been doing well with speaking spanish during and class and through out the day so that makes it more easy for me to have the desire. We got to new mock investigators and Juan and Arnold and they both feel so real to me. I wanted to buy a card for Juan yesterday thinking it would help him feel better  because our lesson went so well. I think with us being so close to leaving is a reason they feel real. Hermana Butler got me to sing in choir this week and I did. the main  reason i didn't want too is because they do close ups of choir and I didn't want to be on tv. Nope that plan didn't work because after the fireside everyone was like hey say you on the tv Hermana Burnett. Yeah no bueno. Im doing good here trying to endure to the end with spanish and patience and love for everyone.
 Ah great story from the fireside was about an Elder Kim was in Japan and didnt know the language very well even though he was Japnaese desedent, everyone always thought he could speak so they turn to him first. He was struggling hard and kept pushing through  his mission. towards the end he was called the zone leader and receive the promise of one more baptism before the end of his mission. He finishes he mission with no baptism and is very sad when exits the plane. the elder came from a home with active member and non member father. As he was unpacking his items he had his journal on top and his father saw the way he was admiring the journal. The dad walked and and said" son what do I have to do for you to baptism me still as a missionary". the elder then baptized his father a week later. Crazy huh how god keeps his promises and works in mysteries ways.

shoes mom??? anything I leave in 10 DAYS~!!! AND REALLY COULD USE THEM.  oh and my csun sweatshirt:) thanks  i'll be sending a package home with my temple clothes and thinggs that are too heavy.

sorry if this is weird i typed it with one eye literally!!

love you all

Hermana Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment