Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16th Letter

Hola Familia y amigos,

¡Que triste nadie le gusta me carta en español! ( how sad that no one liked my Spanish letter) 

  Sorry to hear that no one enjoyed my letter in Spanish, I guess I will only do that again when mom and dad don't write me. hahaha jk .Wow this week went by fast but no worries it was a really good week. We have been finding new people to teach here and  so May is going to have a lot of baptisms.  Our cute little investigator Victor received permission to be baptized the 28th!! Which is so exciting because he has been hearing the missionaries for 2 years now. He is definitely going to be an Elder when he older with how much missionary work he does with us. Our sector is great I hope i´m getting skinner with how much I walk up these huge hills every day. Our mission is reading 2 Nefi in Spanish for us gringo which helps me with my Spanish but I don't understand it all so that some times is annoying.I´m still waiting for the day when everything clicks in my head. We are also reading the characterizes of Christ  which is very humble experience. I am trying hard every day to become more Christlike in all my actions and thoughts. I have found that patience is the one I lack the most however  Hna Reyes helps me a lot to be more patience and understanding with everyone.  I have enjoyed this month a lot as we have been talking about the Resurrection and the atonement   

The atonement of Christ is the greatest gift that we have from The Lord, thanks to Christ we can be forgiven of all our sins and to be able to repent every day to become clean and more  like him. That without this atonement the purpose here on earth is nothing and we could never return to the heavens to live with God or our families. I am truly grateful for this time that I have been able to understand more of the blessings of this gospel and how important every step of The Saviors life happened for us. I'm so grateful to know that Christ lives and that we too may obtain a perfect body after this life and that there is so much more awaiting for us in the heavens. I know that one of the things we can do as children of God to prepare ourselves to live with him again is to study all the attributes of Christ to have faith, hope, love, charity, knowledge, to be humble, patience, obedient.  When we work on each of these attributes we will become more like our savior and we will have the spirit more strongly in our lives which will bring joy, happiness, love,and peace. How could we not want each of those  qualities everyday. No one here is perfect and may never complete all of these attributes at once but we have a whole life time to work on being the very best in these areas.

I love you all and hope that you will each work hard this month to be more Christlike in all that you do. To chose one category and become the very best you in that characterize.

Cuidese mucho
Hna Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment