Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23rd Letter

Hola familia y amigas,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE BROTHERS DALLEN AND HAYDEN!!! WOHOOO"!!! THE BIG 16!!!!
 Yesterday I had to prepare a talk about missionary work in one hour which is hard to do in Spanish. As I was preparing I learned so many neat ways that members can serve. Some of the which are simple actions of paying tithing and praying for missionaries to find people or preparing the children with the idea to serve.  That each of this things are small and simple but  truly affect the big part of The Lord´s work. We don´t need each member walking in the streets with us ( which would be awesome), however we need each members hearts and minds in this work. Always testifying and giving what they can to build this work. My companion spoke about the reason missionary work is so important is because it shows our love for the Atonement, When we each gain the knowledge and understanding of the Atonement and how it has blessed our lives and brings so much happiness to our lives, how could we not share this message with everyone that we meet. How could we not all leave our homes and families and dreams for 18 to 24 months for the Lord. This is why am here and so many others, is because we truly love the Lord and are so grateful for his atonement and for the knowledge we have thanks to the Gospel of Jesus Christ .  A mission may seem a long time for many people, but in the Lords eyes its more then years its how we show our love. I know that not all of us can be set apart as missionaries, but with our actions and service in other ways is how we can build up the Lords kingdom.
  This week was great we found two new investigators through our menos activos which during our first lesson with them one commented on how he wants to serve a mission but after he studies a little and how he knows he needs to be baptized but isn't ready. (This is Manual a twin of a member) We were headed to his house before church and Dante the twin said his brother wasn't ready so only him would come and as we were sitting in the chapel with Victor in walked Dante, Manual, his less active grandmother and a cousin who isn't a member. It was so neat..  I am super excited for this weekend our cute 13 year old investigators Victor who was first taught by Elders Jimenez and Edwards (who ended the mission in dec)is now going to be baptized this Saturday ( TWO YEARS LATER) and his brother is now interested in the gospel so we are teaching him. Victor is so great he has his baptismal clothes all picked out and is so ready for Saturday to come.. I can´t wait to send you all pictures of the baptism.
I had the opportunity to listen to Elder and Sister Richards the other day,(of the seventy) It was probably the strongest  meeting with the spirit that  I have felt in a long time. I felt the spirit so strong and have the desires to feel the same spirit  every day in my lessons. That I may feel the power of God in every lesson that I teach. I am working on increasing my faith in him so that I may see more miracles here in Chile and at home.

I love this work and am so grateful for all your prayers and support you each give.
 p.s. mothers day we can Skype what time is good for you!!! crazy
p.s. ( please be careful with my car Dallen and Hayden( which means they cant drive it haha but serious)
Te Querio



No comments:

Post a Comment