Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21st Letter

Antofagasta Chile Mission- funny pose

Antofagasta Chile Mission
Happy Thanksgiving Familia y Amigos!!

 Wow this week was great!! I had my first baptism Hna. Melania!! She is so great and I am so happy  that she has made this decision, I knew from the first time we visit that she was special and ready for this gospel at the very beginning. At her baptism we had a less active that hasn't come to church for a long time so it was great to see him. And we had an investigator!! The baptismal was beautiful we had the Hermanas from Bilbao sings a special number with us.!! Entonces....This week was a little hard a time with this dumb cold but I persevered with the Lords help. We found some new investigators that live in the Las Tomas which is the really poor however the people here are the most humble and appreciative ever!! I had the gift of the Spirit so strong during the lesson. I can´t even really recall what I taught because it was the home had the spirit so strong.This was Thursday, so we head to her home on Sunday and her cute cousin yells ¨Tia can I come to church too¨ ah how adorable!!! So yeah we took her and her cousin who are 10 and 11 to church. It was the primary program which they loved and then during primary class they had a little party to celebrate . The loved every moment!! Later that night we taught a lesson and after the mom told us she wants them all to go. and that she going to try to switch her work schedule to get them all there..
 So after three great lessons yesterday that night was transfer!!! so we invited the Bilbao hermanas(menghini and  mapa) slumber party. yeah the assistance didn't call till midnight!! ah it was the longest wait ever!! so Bilbao is staying and I´m totally thinking my comp is leaving and I'm going to run Playa Brava and celebrate my birthday here .NOPE.. Hna Burnett you are being transferred to COPIAPO!!! YEP AGAIN ! To the south a 12 hour bus ride!!! And your comp is another GRINGA!! ah.. How am I ever going to learn Spanish!! Ah anyways I will go were the Lord wants me to go.. So yeah no more beautiful beach or a my three Hermanas....

Love you all keep reading the scriptures and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Eat double for me!!
p.s. parents you are both fired for not writing during thanksgiving week!! p.s.s. sorry if this is unreadable- I lost track of time and reading the emails.

Con amor
Hna Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment