Monday, November 14, 2011

November 14th Letter

HOLA FAMILIA!!
 Can I just started off with saying I had TWO AMAZING DAYS this week!! The Lord is truly blessing us each day! First thing thanks for the leggings and earrings and PEANUT BUTTER!! They were all what I really needed!! Thanks tons mom .
   So  this week we had 9 lessons with some really great less actives that just  need love from the members of the ward. We then had to work in three-somes again on Thursday and this was really hard cause our teaching flow gets stuck. However it was good . We then headed to a church downtown at 11 pm to wait for our bus with all the other elders from Iquique and Alto Hispico so I was able to meet new elders. At 3:·30 am we headed to the Tur bus to head to Antofagasta . We had a Mission Conference with all 153 missionaries because Elder Quentin Cook was coming to speak to us on Saturday morning with Elder Steven E. Snow from the Seventy, Bishop Keith McMullin, and Pres. Jorge Zeballos. It was AMAZING!! Friday night we got together and Pres Bruce talked with about the importance of Obedience which I believe to be very important and know that when my comp and I our obedient the Lord blesses us.
      So Saturday comes and wow it was great..  We got to go and shake all of these great men´s hand and their cute wives.. We then had 10 missionaries sings ¨How great thou Art¨in Spanish and then the Talks began. The first two where in Spanish and was a little  hard for me to understand and the The McMullin couple spoke and their talks were okay but then Sister Snow spoke and it was beautiful... She talked about all the great divine people we are and how blessed our families and future spouse and families will be because of the work we are doing. Ah she had me in tears. Then Elder Snow spoke about how great missionary work is and shared D&C 11. Then Sister Cook had as stand and sing and praised for serving. Then Elder Quentin Cook spoke how ¨Real growth in Chile is happening now¨¨ He shared how important this work is, and how we need not only to baptized but to fully convert these investigators and their whole family. We need them to become strong faithful members. That we need to help those Less Actives to find their needs and share the gospel again with them and reassure them of how great this gospel is  Elder Cook told us not to worry about our pass. Let go of all the things that we have done and move forward in this life. That no matter what is going on at home or with our families that us missionaries need to stay focused and work even harder. That this mission is the BEST place for us to be and that the Lord is here to help us each day.  (He said more great things but I left my notebook at home sorry.)
      Ah it was a great day , We took a whole mission picture and zone pictures and one with Old Vallenar. Oh and the elders that took our Torreblanca area baptized our red , hot , fire ,gold Alex!! They showed me a pictured and I bawled!! They baptized him the week after we left there so  I am counting him as my first baptism!!!
    Speaking of baptism, Sunday comes and I feel like poo I think one of the 100 elders hand I shook gave me the sniffles aka head cold. So we go to church with 2 great investigators and I am sleeping through most of church cause I feel like crud. Then we take a cute YW girl with us and teach a lesson and I am following asleep during the lesson. We then go to the next lesson and I am determined to be alert , which I am and we put a baptism date for the 26 of this month.!!! We then head to Melenia a cute recent convert´s mother who I gave the awesome first lesson too where the Holy Ghost just feed me all the words. We had to stop teaching her cause she was living with here Boyfriend. And the first thing she tells us last night is ¨I didn't smoke at all last week and  I just threw my boyfriend out this afternoon, oh and I decided I would REALLY LIKE TO BE BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!!!! Yep!! how amazing we go to check up on her and she like I'm great and oh I want you to baptize me this Saturday!! ah we were so trying not to jump out of our chairs and just scream!!! So I have a baptism this week!!! ah I am so excited! She is such a great lady and so ready to live this gospel!!! Ah the Lord has been truly blessing us here in Playa Brava and I am so grateful to be  here serving and watching these great miracles.

I know with out a doubt this gospel is truly and when we do our parts at worthy Latter Day Saints the Lord will bless us every day !!
Thanks for the updates mom and the great pictures I love the hat!! you rock it the best.. You don´t  need to send a hoodie Its turning summer here. Can you just send some black dress shoe sock from target  and small yummy state treats and  an a picture of you so I can hang up a recent one!! oh tell Cory and Bryon to make a laminate a picture of their baptism and a family photo cause everyone always wants to see the family and know about our baptism experience.

Love you all and wish you ah happy week!!

Con Amor
Hermana

No comments:

Post a Comment