Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3rd Letter

Vallenar- A church

Utah valley missionaries( Edwards P.G., ME , Broadbent (Orem) Christensen(AF) Richardson (Lehi)( she says she knows Glenda cook)

Hna. ILDA making us almueroz

GC Christensen,Broadbent Rivas, me , MacIver

BBQ with the Zone, me making a smore
Hola Familia!!!

Wow what a great end of an up and down week!!!  Monday night I received a call that I had a new missionary meeting tomorrow in Antofagasta!! Yep that's right Antofagasta which is 11 hours bus drive!! ah crazy. So we headed home after only working a hour on Monday to head to Copaipo which is a Two hour drive. So four of us get in a collectivo(taxi) to head there a 9:00 pm arrive there around 11pm. My comp and I go stay with this one sister till 3 am which is when my bus leaves for Anto. yeah no fun!! Our phone dies which is bad but luckily E. Hewstone has the assistance number we wait there for 3o mins. They come get us and I´m changing clothes cause I feel all gross after being on a bus FOREVER!! When my cute MTC Hermanas walk in and scream and give me hugs!! just what I needed!! Ah it was so great to see them. We had a quick breakfast aka gross ham and cheese sandwiches. Then start the meeting at noon eat again at 1:30 then  play questions and answer time. Then I am off again back on the bus at 6 pm!! ah crazy!! This time I wasn´t stopping anywhere going to straight through. Ah my legs where so cramped and I was dead. I got to see the hand in the sand statue while on the bus, which was cool. We arrive home at 3:30 in the morning and find out later that day at one we had a Zone meeting with Pres Bruce. Talk about crazy. What he shared was so great!! He really emphasized how important we are and just really bold speaker.  He told us "Octubre is going to be HUGE, so don't miss it". Which I know he is right, cause this month we are pushing to baptize Alex and this cute mother and daughter that were suppose to be baptized last month but they disappeared but that's okay cause we found them know and they told the Elders that they are ready for us to baptism them!!! Thursday was great we had back to back wonderful lessons with our investigators and our mamaita who feeds us, she is a less active and today asked if we were going to pray!! BAKAN!!!  I'm so glad Thursday was great cause Friday was bad!! We had 5 appointments set up and they all fell !!! ah so horrible feeling and two of our girls in the YW now have a nose and tongue ring and one was smoking!! ah Friday was so hard I felt so sad to see this girl smoking after how much progress she has been making. It  just shows how strong Satan is and how we really needed to always  be following the commandments and praying daily. It  was a tough week with traveling for two whole days and not being able to work a lot but everything worked out well cause Conferencia General was here!! wahoo!!! It was so awesome I loved everything they shared on Sat. everything they said was so strong and I felt was directed to everything I needed to hear and my investigators. We sadly had none of our invest. but had 6 less actives show up Sunday. It was so great to see 6 of them there and some in which haven't been to church and many months.  I love this mission so much there are definitely time when I felt like dead and like my investigators aren't improving but then I have so many great moments of the Lord helping me in my life and others!!
Thanks so much for the letter dad I loved it and really needed it. I was beginning to worry about you!! I love you dearly dad!!! Tell everyone in Cali hello and I love them too.
Thanks mom for the updates!! tell Bryon congrats!! and to start reading the PMG now!! That is amazing that he is serving were Mike was!! when does he report? I'm glad you all had a great conference party!!


CON AMOR!!!
HERMANA BURNETT

No comments:

Post a Comment