Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17th Letter

Pres Albanez family of the branch

Helado every Lunes

Our YW on my last Sunday

My mamita and daughter in Vallenar

My comp Hna. Maciver and me
Hola Familia,

Ah I am here in a new area called  Playa Brava, Iquique and it is so beautiful.  It was so hard to leave Vallenar, we had so many great investigators ready for baptism they just needed one more lesson. And our Young Women were starting to fall into the things of the world again and so we were going to do an activity and now we can´t. It is so hard to be here , both of us that there aren't other sister missionaries taking care of our sheep. However I know that we have to transfer for a reason and that Pres. Bruce did truly receive revelation to send me and my comp to Playa Brava. Our case is very rare for us both to travel to a new place together. When we transfer we leave all this paper work behind so other missionaries know who we were visiting and who was recently baptized this book has everything. So we left a huge detailed letter for the elders taking over .
   We are in a sector that had  elders before so there should be a bunch of paperwork of less actives and investigators like what we left, right? No... These elders left nothing.. We have no idea on who they have been teaching or visiting NOTHING. It is as if no one was here. So we are both new trying to find houses and people to visit and make new contacts and it is hard. This is how our whole week was , we got into a few homes and were able to teach  less actives which felt great but couldn´t find investigators of the old elders. Yesterday after lunch we headed to a recent converts in hope to talk with the mom who isn't a member. And she was THERE!! We got to know her a little  better and then begin to teach and the first few words she says after the prayer is "yes I do want to get baptized but after December" And my heart begin to pump . She went on to talk about how she does want to and she likes church. That she has attend few times and is glad her girls got baptized. But she is to busy and wants to feel peace on her baptism day so that is why she is waiting. I could feel the spirit so strong on this point and the wonderful letter that Hna. Gallagher sent hit me strong. I just began testifying really strongly about how she needs to be baptized now. I didn't even think about what I was saying I was just speaking fluently in Spanish and I know its because this hermana need to hear my testimony. She was in tears and after a few minutes said she would get baptized next week if she had work off or the latest Nov. 5.!!  She told  us that many elders have stopped by and said hermana you should get baptized but then wouldn´t testify and just joke around and eat.  After meeting this hermana and her not wanting us to leave cause we made her happy and wanting to know when we could visit her next so she could continue to prepare for the day.  I KNOW NOW without a doubt she is the reason we are here!! Pres. Bruce sent us here to baptize this Hermana and to bring the family together.
After this great lesson we stopped by a  members family to visit his mom who is less active and she told us we are the first to visit her in 8 months of her being in active and she lives with others who aren´t members. And she was in tears and so happy that we came and can´t wait for us to return. I have no idea what these elders where doing before but they were missing out on some wonderful hermanas who need to hear the gospel. It´s alright though we found them and are going to baptize one and bring the other back to church and baptize her family. I LOVE THIS WORK !! This week was hard cleaning up the mess of the elders physically and emotionally but we are here for a reason. The Lord helps me everyday with my Spanish people are so surprised when I say only 7 weeks in the field. 
This area has a ward and everyone here wants to help us even the youth!! And everyone says anytime is good to set up an appointment for FHE. This is so different from Vallenar . I feel as if I´m in the states again, I love how everyone is willing to help.

Everyone keep reading and praying everyday I know that The Lord answers are prayers daily.Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Mom i love you, my address will be the same for the whole mission, so no worries I will receive it. And It takes a little longer for me to receive things just so you know. You picked up the boxes from when I left the MTC right? Good luck with school and if you just do your BS now that's a great start mom!!
Dad I love you and think that you should paint the room a light yellow or tan. How is work?
Roland stop taking the Internet so I can read longer letters :) Love you tons hope you enjoyed my letter
Twins - love you and hope you aren't growing to tall

Take care everyone!! I'm doing great in CHILE!!
Con Amor
Hna. Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment