Monday, September 5, 2011

September 5th Letter

Janae and me at the MTC

My District at the MTC

Finally in Chile

With my mission president and his wife

With my first companion and the mission president
ALO FAMILIA,
I am OFFICIALLY a MISSIONARY!! My companion is Hermana MacIver from Arizona she has been out for a year this Thursday. I am so glad I was paired with here because she pushes me to speak Spanish all day but allows me at night to speak English. And she will translate during the lessons when I am lost which is very nice. She very bubbly and has a great personality so we are working well together. So wow what a hard, but amazing first week first off I am in Vallenar the southern part of my mission in this town called Torreblanca. This area is on a hill, yep a HILL I am literally climbing straight up roads to get to members, investigators and less actives homes. It is hard but I know that my classroom in the MTC on the 5th floor has prepared me for these hills. The neighborhood I live in is very nice I have a cute 3bed/2 bath little armarillo casa which only us two live in which is way nice. The area is HUGE!!! And we live on the other side of the town so we are running to lessons and at night to make it home at time. Our closes house is 20 mins and thats walking at a pretty good pace. Its all good though case I love the pan, and chocolate here so I dont feel to guilty if I eat to much. :)
President Bruce has us focusing on in actives so we do a lot of visiting teaching and aren´t tracking on doors which is way different then I thought. I love it though I haven´t had people shut the door on my face or yelled at me . This area has poor and middle class homes, their homes are all really close together and all have fences so we have to yell ALO to get them to come to the door. It really weird that we can´t just open the gate and go knock like we would in the states. There are million dogs everywhere and it sad to see the ones that have a nasty disease or that are really skinny. There is one dog in particular that tries to bite at me through the fence and came so close it scared me bad. One bit MacIver skirt the other day that was no bueno.
We work from 11:30am till 10 pm so we aren´t out in the middle of the day in the sun so that is nice. We have what ever for breakfast lately cereal cause we have no time to buy groceries and then for lunch we go to our mamacita a less actives home for food she feeds us tues-fri and does our laundry which is nice. The food here is pretty American they just give us a ton of food and like to put sunny side eggs on top of the food of mashed potato or pasta it was so funny the first time I was given it but then I thought I like eggs and potatoes so why not together. They drink juice all the time and at lesson have their kids go get us glasses of juice which is nice.
I´m doing good I havent freaked out yet but I know its because my companion is gringa which helps a lot. Im running out of time so sorry. You can still do dearelders.com They take just as long as letters though but are free so thats nice. I hope everyone is doing well !! Can´t wait to hear back from you all. I´m glad Mindy and Netta are still close to you I bet thats been fun :) I´m trying to add pictures so meg add them to my blog. thanks and yes mom you were caught thanks for telling the truth :) I trust you just wanted you to be careful.

Con amor

Hermana Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment