Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12th Letter

Where we live

Mujeres joven

P-day wearing Elder Hewstone's tag

P-day with our area

P-day by the beach
Hola familia,

Ah I completed my first full week and wow I am exhausted everyday which is good right. I finally had my first warm water shower today and ah I loved it so much. Our gas has been retard and not working so I have been taking 3 pitcher of warm water baths . Anyways two of our investistgators have been flaking about attending church and not being home for our lessons so we had to say good bye to them which is sad. We have a new girl though named Fransica she is the one I gave my first BOM too so its been exciting to watch her understand and be excited about the lessons we have been teaching. I am LOVING the food tons here and actually lost 5 lbs but think I will gain it back because I crave their chocolate and bread all the time. They have this drink here called ecco which is coffee with out the caffine and they give it to us all the time especially at night during their late dinner once and its so gross. Um I have been eating some tomatoes and gaucmole you´d be so proud of me mom. The weather has been so crazy here today was super hot and I was sweating so bad and then two days later I am wearing a scarf, longsleeve, jacket and panties(leggings) hahaha and am still cold!! I feel like I am in Utah with this weather. Its really nice here though I love how big the sky is and how the moon comes out at 5:30 every evening and is so solid. In one of the photos I sent is of my cute yellow casa!! One is of the muerjas joven and another of my zone in huasco which is an hour south by the coast and so lovely!! Another picture I sent is with Hermana Idle who is 90 years old who was born,raised,married,widowed in Torreblanca. She is so cute and sweet and has been the only Hermana to as been the only one that has asked me if I like tomatoes or other foods before cooking which is so cool!! I love our muerjas joven they are so solid in their testimonies and all want to serve a mission and they are only 15 years old how amazing!! They have been helping us so much with our investigators lessons and activities, which is awesome cause all investigators need friends. We had an activities of baking state chocolate chip cookies which they all loved.
We had an ingles class of 15 kids and two were horrible which ruined the class time. I felt so useless cause I couldn't really discipline them which one of them needed badly. On Thurs we walked to the other side of vallenar ( which is a valley ) to help out our elders find less active people that need help so that was fun seeing all the elders and the other side of the valley. we have one investigator right now committed to baptism her name is Anita and she is 9yrs old of a less active. She is way smart and has the cutest personality so I am excited to see here be baptized. Did I tell you that Elder Jordan Edwards from the 5th ward is my District LEader. crazy huh!! So P.G. is being represented in Vallenar Chile!! I am loving the city right now, everyone is super excited for their Independence day which is the 18th of this month so the flag is everywhere . Our street is covered with those little flag banners. I was so tired the other night I passed out as I was writing in my diary, I can´t wait for my body to adjust to how my work days are here. We had four investigators attend church yesterday it was amazing . It is Fransica, her amiga Daniela, her cousin Dafne and Fernada. These three girls call us a Tia(aunt) which is so cute. It caught me off gaurd the first time I thought they where saying Tela or Te and then I noticed it more that it was Tia which is fun to hear besides Hermana all the time. Today for P-day we met with the elders and headed to Huasco where he played ulimate frisbee on a sand court and had a small lunch. MacIver keeps telling me that our elders are the golden elders of the mission and I agree so much. They are always making sure that our house is okay the Chileans mentioned we need bars for our windows cause they were nervous for us. Which we don't cause we are living in a richer area.
Sorry its scattered I just have so many thougths and no time so I hope you can understand!!
I love you all tons

Con Amor
Hermana Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment