Monday, September 19, 2011

September 18th Letter

Hola Familia y Amigos!!

 Ah so this week was very hectic because its Chile´s Independence day the 18th but here they celebrate not only one day the celebrate Friday through Monday so no one has been home or has been very busy. However we have TWO new great investigators named Louisa and Alex. Louisa is older and very receipted towards everything we have shared and kept her promise of reading the pamphlet we left her which was great!!  During our second visit her sister had a friend over that was evangelic and she told us that  ¨she doesn´t like Mormons and doesn't like that we don´t read the bible and says that the book of Mormon is lame and she didn´t like the hymn we sang or how we prayed¨. I didn´t understand any of this so I just sat their smiling and then I noticed my comp started to cry. Louisa finally said¨well I liked that song and I like listening to them¨which  I could only understand a little bit. I then  just turned to Louisa and asked her what part of the pamphlet did she like and why and what part didn't she understand. My comp then was able to talk again which then the other old mean lady decided to leave which was perfect for us. The Lord is amazing how he works he brought the spirit in so strong that the lady felt uncomfortable enough to leave. As we were leaving Louisa told us that she can feel a difference when we visit and she likes us a lot. So I am super excited to meet with her again cause I know she will want to come to church and gain a testimony quickly.  Our other investigator  Alex is a a nephew of a member  who´s 13 but so smart and receptive towards everything we shard. I can´t wait for this holiday celebration to be over its like Christmas here, its super pretty though with the red, white and blue everywhere!!  I'm doing great and loving my branch more everyday, we had a great 18th BBQ on Sat. with tons of games like  tug of war (which we pulled so hard at the end and it broke sending us all to the ground), and jump roped and danced the Chilean coyqui( don´t know how to spell sorry) but it was so pretty .Our young women are awesome and have been going on splits with us which is very helpful so that we can spend time with all those that need it!!  We head to a fair ground the morning it was like a big swap meet I loved it except they have to many State clothing and items, not a lot of authentic things.A man came up to me and asked me what part of Brazil I was from.. I was like um what is he saying.  I love torreblanca so much. The only problem here I am not able to have a conversation by myself yet, which stinks or understand everything they say. However. I am trying super hard to talk back as much as possible with out help. The lord has been helping to understand our investigators and members really well which is an answer to my prayers. And the members say they can understand me which is the best compliment ever!!
a great week and I'm ready for another great week.

con amor todos!! Thanks for all the emails it was the best surprise ever!! I´m sad i missed the state fair, but glad you all  had fun!!  the address on my envelope is the correct one.


thanks and correct any spelling errors before you post it on my blog ;)

Keep up the great diet mom!! Love you all

Hermana Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment