Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20th Letter

Hola Familia y Amigas,
 
So this week we worked hard at doing really casual and confident contacts. Making sure that during the 30 first seconds we gave our very best impression. We are trying to focus more on them and not even mention our names. So its been a little tough to not say ¨Hola, soy Hermana Burnett y ella es my compañera Hermana Canto¨.. This sentence is forbidden... So our first few contacts there was a lot of awkward waiting and silence on who was going to speak next .. But with time we got the hang of it and entered some really great homes were we shared a short sweet lesson and put appointments to come back. wahoo. That's called a new investigator and we need 10 each week.. So I am trying to better at this making contact oh -Hi I like your car its nice, how many kids do you have ¨and so forth... One of our families is progressing so much . The 11 year old read her reading assignment twice!! how cute!!! right..The only thing holding them back is Sundays they get caught up with heading to the beach:( dumb beach, ..Anyways we have faith that this Sunday is there day!!! We did a great contact Saturday
 
us: hola como esta
mom : nope, im super busy helping th kids with homework and yard work.
 Us:hey we can help we are teachers. 
mom: really, yeah come on in.
 
 Yeah she didnt even ask our names or what we were doing. I ended up helping the little girl with English  and Canto with help the brother with his math.. The homework had the word Ladybird aka Ladybug.. So I told her Chinita is Ladybug and she kept repeating ladybird cause that is what the teacher had. hahaha
 
I was able to go with a member to Jumbo and buy some Bomers(crocs) cause this is the only place that sold my size the biggest here is like a 9 or if your lucky a 10.. Im hoping my shoes last
 
Love you all sorry this is sloppy and random, I lost track of time .. I promise to write more next week
 
Take care and good luck with school everyone
 
Love Hermana Burnett
p.s. Thanks Louise Metcalf and Breanne  and Megan for the great letter!!!!! I LOVED IT oh and the Package of candy I gained 5 pounds easily in a week eating it all

No comments:

Post a Comment