Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13th Letter

hola Familia y Amigas

So this week was AWESOME!!!! Did I mention that we just had a two day conference with our great President and Hermana Bruce and then Elder Zeballo and his wife!!! Ah it was so neat Elder Zeballo is from the seventies and came with Elder Cook back in Nov. which was only 4 months ago. During this conference I could not understand either of them all and wanted them to hurry so that I could listen to the others and now I was able to understand each of their talks. It was such a great feeling and I know that its the gift of tongues.  I am still struggling here and there with speaking but understanding the people is about a 90% now which is a great feeling.   This conference was great I learned the importance of English and how it really is the Language of God and that I need to treasure my Spanish for after the mission . That I am here to help the people come unto Christ however to also learn Spanish..  We didn't have a lot of lessons this week but we had success. We has a ward activity in which only 3 people showed we played BOM Jeopardy and they all had a great time. Two of our MA came and an invest. so this was great to see.  Last week we cleaned the church 8 toilets and 5 urinals oh my this was hard work , and we got to clean the church again on Saturday, I choose the chapel... hahaha...   One of our MA came to church again we are preparing him to receive the priesthood in March so it was great to see his happy face.. We had a MA for many years show up after church today and ask to hear about the church cause she was to have a Christian family. how neat is that....I had a  a great 6 weeks with hna Fernandez, she was great and just what i needed. And now cambios are here and of course I am changing but not places companions with another Argentina  hna Meghini, I have only worked with her once but know she is a hard worker.. Funny story after church there was this really gringo family in the halls and one of our hermanas said go over and say hello or hi I think there from the states... So I slowly walked over and greeted in Spanish and was about to speak English when she said oh were from Argentina... hahaha  yeah from now on no more listening to hna Olga. hahaha

Love you all tons and hope this makes since I found myself writing in Spanish at some parts.. this is good right..


With Hna Butler

Hna Fernandez

With Hna Fernandez at zone conference

With Hna Fernandez

With Elder Lopez

No comments:

Post a Comment