Friday, July 22, 2011

July 22 Letter


Hola Familia,
 
So sorry about last week I accidentally deleted all that I type so don't think I was writing anyone except for you!! I have had a very spiritual week our teachers friend came in Jacob Reis he works here in the MTC and he gave us two really nice spiritual thoughts on the purpose of being here and how every object in the world can be connected back to a principle of the gospel. The temple has been closed for cleaning so we finally get to go in this week I'm super excited . None of our district has been so it will be really great experience for us all.  We had a great fireside on Sunday from President Sonne and his wife they were so cute and pushed us all to make goals in different areas so that we can greater success!!  We had our last temple walk with all our district Elders Lund and Stout  left Tuesday to Guatemala so now there is only ten of us which is nice in the classroom cause it is so tiny in there. Did I tell you that we have service every Wed at 6:15 which is nice, I like cause I get to be alone for awhile and gather my thoughts and give back to the MTC. Having a companeria around 24/7 is a little tiring after awhile.
   We had a great partner up activity where we asked a deep question that we have and the other person prays and searches for it which Elder Patterson was mine. He is so deep into the gospel and so knowledgeable I was glad to have him find my answer in 2 Nephi 26.  On Tuesday we have devotionals President  Melvin Hammond and his wife he from the seventy. They were president in the Bolivia Mission and so they had to learn Spanish and it was crazy how strong there  testimony was about the Book of Mormon. they still read it today together in Spanish and they are way older. It makes me realize that I can do this I am only 23  and this learning a new language should be easy I mean its Spanish not taglag like Katie. My mock lessons we do are good some days and not so good others but I can feel myself growing and changing each time. Its weird how I think in Spanish first sometimes and spell a lot in Spanish . My English is starting to leave which is good.  I started reading the books that Campbells giving me . I started with Our search for Happiness by Russell Ballard, It is so good and detailed and just straight forward I think you all should read it.  Yesterday was a wonderful day My personal study time was so peaceful and focused and my language study time went great. We decided to make a game called translator ed where we whisper to a person in ingles and they translated to the other person in espanol of course. I like because it keeps me on my toe and have think how to say it and then listen to what they are saying in detail.  I LOVE IT.
   Um so how is home? How is everything? Yes I did  receive your packages and dear elder thanks much the chocolate is way good the shoes where kind of small but I gave them to Hermana Mapa so she says thanks. Mom I have told you my companeria is Hermana Butler from Firth Idaho. She is 21 a student at Byu Idaho. She is one of eight children and is very closed in with her emotions so I try to help here express her feelings through our companion inventory. I have told you all how much food is here it is crazy it  is a buffet I hope that I'm not gaining weight. Um  I saw Elder Craig Holmes and Jordan Burke. Its crazy seeing people from home here. I also saw Brock Twiggs a few weeks ago that was weird too.
 
Love you all!!
 
Talk to you soon
 
Hermana Burnett!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment