Monday, April 18, 2011

ATEC

After 3 months of fun in Cedar City it was time for me to move back up to Pleasant Grove after my mission call. I moved back the weekend of Conference after applying to 25 jobs or so in the Alpine School District. I finally received a call from my mother's work Alpine Transition & Employment Center (ATEC) asking  me to come in for an interview. ATEC is a place where they have all varieties of  Mentally and Physically and Learning disabilities students and adults. ATEC provides jobs for the adults and helps the students transition into the work force and community. It took two weeks after my interview, but I was HIRED!  I love this job, I 'm a SUBSTITUTE AID which allows me to work in many different classrooms allowing me to meet all the students. I also get to work with the adults in their job areas. I have enjoyed my two weeks here very much, I mean how can I not when my first day we went to the movie theaters to watch "Mars needs Moms". 

No comments:

Post a Comment